lore m. dickey is a prolific and engaging speaker. His talks address the details of understanding an affirmative approach to working with trans clients while at the same time including relevant first-person narratives that serve to elaborate on the point being addressed.
Topics areas Dr. dickey addresses
- Trans-affirmative practice
- Ethical dilemmas in work with trans clients
- Interrogating one’s gender for the purpose of engaging in competent practice
- Case examples related to beginning and intermediate clinical practice
- The nuts and bolts of writing referral letters for transition
- Reproductive health and family building for trans people
- Developing a relevant and timely research agenda
- Coming out stories
- Common clinical concerns trans people present with and how to address these clinically
- Understanding the impact of trauma and its complicated sources
- Workplace concerns
These topics represent a short list of the area of expertise that Dr. dickey holds. He is willing to discuss other training needs. Please contact me for pricing.